Our youth team
The BASED Aussie Dingoes is our Youth Team, open to young wrestlers from all over Australia!
We have a number of spaces available for Under 15 male and females (Over 66Kg, 60-65 Male, 55-60 Both, 50-55 Both, Under 50 Both).
We are also looking for 8-12 year olds of all weights especially for Beach wrestling for the 2026 Youth Olympics!
What's in it for you as a DINGO?
- Unique "Dingo" uniform (suits, T-shirt and track suit)
- Access to extra strength & conditioning and sparring sessions for FREE!
- Personal "athlete" journal.
- Event support and camps. Dingoes go to additional comps beyond National level in places like Singapore, New Zealand and more!
- Discounts on BASED camps and events.
- Chance to be part of "Road trips" and share your love of wrestling with other young people!
Do you have the heart to be a Dingo?
Why does BASED have the Dingoes?
The Dingoes is an initiative to support young wrestlers who show potential to be leaders in their sport. This is a form of sponsorship that promotes the BASED program and the sport of wrestling in the wider community.
Participants are expected to show a passion and dedication to their sport not just locally but at all levels. Young people and their families are provided with support to help them gain experience at a variety of levels, maintain their health and fitness and to develop a future in the sport (whatever role they choose to pursue)
From an organisational view BASED is looking for the next generation of young people who will guide and grow this sport for those that come after. BASED was originally created by a 12 year old! Since that time it has created new opportunities for grapplers of all ages. What could the next generation bring to their peers or those who come after?
Wrestling is not just a sport for old men! It is a game everyone can play!
Coach Gregory is a UWW (United World Wrestling) Level 2 Coach, ASCA Strength and Conditioning Coach, Boxing Coach and Muay Thai Kru (Instructor/Teacher in Australia & Thailand).
He currently serves as the Coach for Dingoes as well as the manager and general dogs body.
We currently have a vacancy for a female coach.
Karen has competed all over Australia as well as in New Zealand and Singapore. She has been appointed the Captain in the interim as the team develops. She can be found at almost any camp or competition in the Asia/Oceania region where Youth athletes are welcomed.
Minimum requirements for BASED Aussie Dingoes:
- Podium finish at WAI Australian Youth Nationals.
- No record of antisocial conduct, criminal or other negative issues.
- ASADA level 1 or completed before first competition (Level 2 is recommended)
Also be aware that there is only 1 spot per official UWW weight division and in that case the position on the team will go to the highest ranked individual. There will be a detailed selection procedure shortly so please be patient with us.